- Minimum Experience: 3 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Engineer Intern or Professional Engineer
- Required Skills: Civil 3D; MicroStation; Microsoft Office; Traffic
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top transportation experts in the industry, participate in production of traffic design, perform traffic studies, and develop and prepare project deliverables. We are expanding our team and are looking for a motivated Traffic Engineer to join us in either of our Florida offices: Orlando or Tampa.
B&N Traffic Engineer Responsibilities
- Facilitate the day-to-day production of traffic design (signing and pavement markings, signal, lighting and ITS) and/or traffic studies projects with minimum oversight from supervisor
- Work collaboratively with project and design team to develop and prepare project deliverables to meet project objectives and schedule
- Participate in meetings related to assigned projects
- Help prepare cost estimates for traffic related components on assigned projects
- Opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating with industry leaders in transportation
- Further engineering skills including traffic design tasks, traffic analysis, and technical skills with future potential opportunities for project management and business development
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program
- EI/EIT certification required with a desire and ability to get a PE license within 2 years or PE registration in the State of Florida, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 3+ years of related traffic design or traffic studies experience
- Proficient in MS Office, MicroStation or Civil 3D
- Experience with Visual or AGI32 lighting software, Synchro and/or Vissim, or other traffic analysis software is a plus
- Familiarity with FDOT design and CAD criteria and experience applying them in plans development is desirable but not required
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities including access to LinkedIn Learning, conferences and training
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.