- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: AutoCAD or Microstation; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Begin your career working with some of the top civil engineering experts in the industry. Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry level Transportation Engineer to join our team in Tempe.
B&N Transportation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with project team to develop and prepare traffic design and studies and to meet project objectives and schedule. Participate in meetings related to assigned projects
- Learn from experienced Professional Engineers and be mentored by industry leaders in transportation
- Develop skills including traffic engineering tasks, technical skills, project management and business development
- Engage with the transportation industry to identify marketing opportunities and build strategic business development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program. Spring 2023 graduates are encouraged to apply
- EI or EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months from application. Professional Engineer interest preferred
- 0-2 years of related traffic design or traffic studies experience
- Strong interest in transportation engineering and motivated to improve the efficiency and safety of transportation systems
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Familiarity with traffic software such as HCS, Synchro, and crash analysis tools is beneficial but not required. Experience with VISSIM, MicroStation or AutoCAD is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.