- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BS
- Registration: Engineer Intern
- Required Skills: AutoCAD or Microstation; Bridge Inspection; Lifting/standing/walking for extended time; Microsoft Office; Ability to withstand all weather conditions
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Come work with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that value employee input and collaboration. Burgess & Niple is looking for a Bridge Inspection Engineer to join our team.
B&N Bridge Inspection Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Professional Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and Bridge Inspectors
- Inspect large bridges and structures around the U.S. utilizing advanced rope climbing techniques
- Document and report bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with Specifications for the National Bridge Inventory (SNBI)
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Prepare drawings in MicroStation or AutoCAD, providing recommendations to clients for forward action
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in civil, structural, or equivalent engineering
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months from this application
- 0-2 years’ experience in bridge inspection, report writing, and/or load rating is a plus
- NHI/FHWA Inspection and SPRAT Level 1 certifications are desirable
- Ability to climb large bridge structures and withstand high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying, and lifting up to 60 lbs. of equipment
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 40%) throughout the U.S. A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and/or MicroStation proficiency required; BrM & BrR or other Bridge Inspection & Design/Rating software experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.