- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: AutoCAD; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top water/wastewater experts in the industry to develop water and wastewater design and improvement projects in our Louisville office. Work with senior engineers on projects and develop skills to grow in this role by continually learning about business development, management, and technical expert tracks as they move up in the organization.
B&N Water/Wastewater Engineer Responsibilities:
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for designated water/wastewater clients.
- Work with project team members throughout the region to complete design tasks and production of construction documents for projects large and small. Collaborate with other design professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
- Work with other engineers to complete water/wastewater related projects.
- Projects may include designs of wastewater collection system interceptors, lift stations, force mains, treatment facilities, booster stations, and/or studies of wastewater and water systems.
- Periodic field work and travel may be required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited engineering program
- PE registration required or the ability to obtain PE through reciprocity, NASSCO certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related water/wastewater experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, experience with AutoCAD, REVIT, and hydraulic modeling software is a plus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.