- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: AutoCAD; Driver's license (good record); Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Begin your career working with some of the top civil engineering experts in the industry. Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry level Civil Engineer to join our team in Fort Worth.
B&N Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Utilize and further develop existing drafting skills in AutoCAD on a variety of projects, which may include the design of water lines, sewer lines, and transportation projects for municipal clients in the region
- Increase your knowledge of municipal infrastructure design in a real-life application of civil engineering
- Be involved in plan preparation, geometric design, pavement rehabilitation, drainage design, utility design, traffic control design, and maintenance of traffic design
- Gain field experience to inspect, assess and verify infrastructure conditions
- Make an impact right away! As an organization, we reward innovation and are always looking for new perspectives
- Field work may include short duration documentation of construction activities, manhole inspection, and assistance with survey crews
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program.
- EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD experience is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in at team setting both in the office and in the field (90% in office/10% field work)
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach and lift 80lbs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.