- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BE
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: Bridge Inspection; Civil Engineering; Ability to withstand all weather conditions
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Join our nationally recognized team of bridge inspection professionals inspecting bridge and structural assets across the country, ranging from small, local structures to major river crossings. Bridge Inspection Engineer, Entry Level position based out of our Columbus, OH office.
B&N Bridge Inspection Engineer Responsibilities:
- As part of a team guided by experienced Professional Engineers, inspect large bridges, culverts, and structures around the U.S. utilizing advanced rope access techniques
- Document and report bridge conditions for routine or complex bridge inspection assignments using tablets and cameras
- Learn and/or develop National Bridge Inspection Standards skills to advance your knowledge of the industry
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Bringing it all together, you will prepare drawings in MicroStation or AutoCAD to assist with recommendations to clients for rehabilitation or preventative measures
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program, Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 graduates are encouraged to apply
- Engineer Intern, EI, or Engineer-in-Training, EIT, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability and desire to climb large bridge structures; you can handle high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs. of equipment
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the U.S.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation; desire to learn and develop emerging tech skills strongly preferred
- 80-hr NHI-FHWA Bridge Inspection certification and SPRAT Level I certification a plus
- BrR and other Bridge Design & Rating software experience are also desirable
Travel arrangements to and from work assignments including airfare, hotel, and meals are reimbursed. All safety training, equipment, tools, and tech are provided.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.