- Minimum Experience: 8 years
- Education: BSURP
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Transportation Planning
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is currently seeking an experienced Transportation Planner to join our Columbus, OH office.
B&N Transportation Planner Responsibilities:
- Serve as Project Manager or Task Lead for Transportation Planning projects including potentially transit plans, multimodal long-range plans, thoroughfare plans, bicycle/pedestrian plans, and other transportation plans
- Monitor project team performance, schedules, and budget and maintain excellent working relationships with clients
- Coordinate with clients, stakeholders, and internal/external project teams to identify issues, develop and analyze concepts, recommend solutions, prepare reports and other communication materials, and engage with the public
- Participate in delivering professional services related to all aspects of transportation planning to a wide variety of clients, including State Department of Transportation (DOTs), Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), and local governments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of a 4-year degree in Urban/City/Regional Planning, Geography (urban), Civil Engineering or similar
- 8+ years of experience in Urban Transportation planning, safety planning or other planning or engineering studies or analysis, including prior transportation project management experience, in lieu of years of experience: 6+ years of experience with a Master’s Degree in Urban/City/Regional Planning, Geography, Civil Engineering or similar
- Certification by American Institute of Certified Planners preferred
- Proven verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ArcGIS. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.