- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office; Project Management; Traffic
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is currently seeking a Traffic Section Director to join our Columbus, OH office.
B&N Traffic Section Director Responsibilities:
- Manage B&N's growing Traffic Design, Traffic Analysis and Safety Analysis Columbus, Ohio practice
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide technical support on traffic study and/or design projects in Ohio and nationwide
- Lead, develop, and implement design approaches and manage project and task management functions on traffic projects and traffic discipline on multi-disciplined projects
- Monitor all financial aspects of the project including invoicing, budget status, accounts receivable, and monthly reports
- Develop and implement business development growth plan for the traffic section including marketing and client relations
- Train, coach, and mentor junior traffic staff in developing and delivering projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- 10+ years of related Traffic experience, prior experience with ODOT and/or local agencies preferable
- PE registration required in the State of Ohio, or ability to be registered through US reciprocity
- Previous experience managing staff and project management experience desired
- Proven verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Bluebeam/Adobe Pro is required
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.