- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCENE
- Registration: Engineer Intern
- Required Skills: Civil Engineering; GIS; Microsoft Office; Water/Wastewater
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Start your civil/environmental engineering career working with senior-level professionals and mentors at an established firm that values input and collaboration. Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry-level Water/Wastewater Engineer with an interest in utility asset management and data-driven utility planning to join our team working on a variety of assessment projects for water/wastewater treatment and water distribution systems.
B&N Water/Wastewater Engineer Responsibilities
- As part of a project team, routinely collaborate and learn from experienced PEs performing field work, such as guided assessment of the condition and security of water and wastewater facilities, guided by our pre-built inspection software
- Participate in delivering a wide variety of tasks and projects related to all aspects of water/wastewater treatment and water distribution systems
- Grow and develop skills such as technical report writing & review as well as the business aspects of utilities
- Review technical reports from utilities, learn about their business processes, and help identify opportunities to evolve and improve them
- Perform data analysis and support the communication of data, including technical writing and the preparation of maps, figures, tables, and other visual aids
- May use large data sets and optimization methods to support data-driven decision making for utility projects
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited Civil or Environmental Engineering program, must obtain degree by Spring 2023
- EI or EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months with a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- 0-2 years of related civil or environmental engineering experience, co-op/internship experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public or private sector
- Strong technical skills with a background in building databases and working with data analytics packages (e.g. GIS, PowerBI) is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.