- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Come work with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration. Burgess & Niple is looking for a Bridge Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX.
B&N Bridge Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for both bridge design and routine bridge inspection assignments
- Design concrete and steel members for a variety of bridge structures and related structural elements
- Prepare final design details and work with staff to produce final construction deliverables for a variety of bridge structures
- Responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS)
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Act as a mentor to our junior staff and actively participate in both theirs and your professional development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited program
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration and ability to obtain licensure in Texas within six months
- 5+ years of professional experience with bridge design and/or inspection
- Ability to work in the field as needed and to withstand high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Microsoft Office and Bentley software proficiency is preferred
- Bridge Inspection & Design software experience is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.